Your Retirement Goals
Retirement Planning Tips
- Estimate a target date for your retirement.
- Decide how much you need to accumulate by your assumed retirement date.
- Ask about your Social Security benefits.
- Upgrade your use of tax-advantaged plans such as a 401K.
- Talk with your banker about IRA options.
- Don't touch your savings. Long-term savings should be off limits for everything except retirement.
- Find a professional financial advisor that you are comfortable with.
- Thoroughly review your savings and contributions annually.
- Calculate the estimated mean inflation rate for the rest of your lifetime and plan accordingly.
- Use all the resources available to you to make a diverse and calculated retirement plan.